Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 10 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Perform tasks in part technical, among others, take blood and sweat samples for analyses. Perform any other related task according to the needs of the department.
- High school diploma plus an additional program or course of medical laboratory assistant of a length of 6 month to a year;
- Knowledge of information technology;
- Skills in the application of clean and aseptic techniques used in the laboratory;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in French and spoken competence in English are necessary.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment