Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of on-call and call-back service
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Clinical and technical work in one or more laboratory areas which consist in supplying diagnostic services, treatment and therapeutic surveillance to patients.
- Diploma of a recognized school of medical technology or a degree in medical laboratory science;
- Certification and member in good standing of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS);
- Registration in good standing with the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Experience working in a medical laboratory would be an asset;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Analytical capacity;
- Initiative and good judgement;
- Attention to the quality and safety for patient services;
- Recognized skills in adapting to change;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment