Registered Nurse Class Supervisor (RNCSU)
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Nursing Administration
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class Supervisor (RNCSU)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.5
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
12-hour and/or 8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Direct and coordinate the Network's administrative and clinical activities on evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays. Act as a resource person for staff, clients, and co-workers. Promote autonomy and efficiency within the organization. Work with department heads and nurse managers in relation to the management of their areas. Carry out all other related duties, as per the needs of the department.
- Member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB);
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- At least five years' experience in the acute care field acquired over the past eight years;
- At least two years' management experience acquired over the past eight years;
- Proven ability to solve problems, make decisions, and resolve conflicts;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Proven ability to organize and manage work and in self-directed work;
- Proven ability to work within a centralized care model; proven abilities as a consultant, facilitator, and coach;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- P roven ability to operate in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment