Medical Laboratory Technologist 3 (LT03)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory - Cytology
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 3 (LT03)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Clinical and technical work in cytology which consists in supplying diagnostic services, treatment and therapeutic surveillance to patients. Perform additional technical responsibilities in cytology and can be asked to help the manager to carry out diverse administrative functions according to the needs of the department.
- Registration in good standing with the New Brunswick Society of Medical LaboratoryTechnologists (NBSMLT);
- Experience as a cytotechnologist of at least 3 years acquired within the last 5 years;
- Skills in the application of clean and aseptic techniques used in the laboratory;
- Skills in developing and maintaining policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of the quality control of laboratory program;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Analytical capacity;
- Initiative and good judgement;
- Attention to the quality and safety for patient services;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment.