Food Services Worker A (2035)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Food Services
CLASSIFICATION : Food Services Worker A (2035)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 7 months)
FTE : 0.6
HOURS OF WORK :
4-hou, 8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Assemble, prepare, and portion food items for clients. Do short order cooking if required. Prepare and deliver meals, snack and food supplies to clients. Performs assigned duties in the dish room. Perform cleaning duties. May be required to interact or work with public. The candidate may also be required to use computers for application of Food Service menu and material management systems.
- High school graduation or successful completion of G.E.D. or any acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Successful certification of approved food safety training is desirable;
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment