Rehabilitation Assistant (3052)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Physiotherapy
CLASSIFICATION : Rehabilitation Assistant (3052)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the authority of the department manager or delegate, the rehabilitation assistant mainly helps physiotherapists but could be assigned to duties related to other rehabilitation disciplines (audiology, speech-language pathology and occupational therapy). They perform various clinical and technical duties related to treatment to restore, maintain, or enhance patients' level of functional independence. Work can be performed with or without a health professional present after the necessary instructions are given. The incumbent must also prepare, organize, and clean equipment and supplies; they must ensure that the workplace is clean and tidy. Work also consists of taking part in planning and conducting activities for the department or programs and may include quality improvement and risk management activities, collection of statistics, orientation of new employees and clinical training of students. The rehabilitation assistant works with a hospitalized and/or ambulatory population of any age.
- High-school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma (GED) along with a recognized postsecondary diploma in rehabilitation technology between one and two years in length;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and office automation applications and ability to use them;
- Recognized BLS course or willingness to complete course;
- Ability to operate in a workplace with many changes under way;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Initiative, sound judgment, and sense of responsibility;
- Possession of a valid driver's licence and good driving record;
- Ability to use own vehicle;
- Ability to work independently and as an interdisciplinary team member;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment