Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Kedgwick
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Kedgwick - Child/Adolescent
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (undetermined)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : November 5th, 2017
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shifts with possiblity of night shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Within the Child/Adolescent Program, the social worker will be involved in working with various mental health partners and the child-youth team. The main duties of the position will include crisis intervention, assessment, planning, stabilization, follow-up, support, prevention, awareness-raising and health promotion from a recovery perspective. The successful candidate may be asked to travel to provide services in other Community Mental Health facilities and Integrated Service Delivery (IST) offices of Vitalité Health Network.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Specific experience in the mental health field would be an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or obtaining this training within set time line;
- Non-violent crisis/workplace intervention certificate or obtaining this certificate within set time line;
- Ability to work in a changing environment with different populations;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with various community resources;
- Leadership and good decision-making abilities;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Valid driver's licence and own means of transportation with valid insurance in order to travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment