Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Grand Falls General Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Float Team
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.6
ANTICIPATED START DATE : November 12th, 2017
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Identify needs and take part in the planning, organization, delivery, and assessment of nursing care, in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, objectives, and policies. Monitor the patients' health condition on an ongoing basis. Anticipate potential complications and be able to act quickly in case of an emergency. The incumbent may be required to work on all nursing units. May be required to make ambulance transfers, if necessary.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Cardiac arrhythmia course or availability to take training as needed;
- Professionalism and demonstrated ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Knowledge of community resources in health and social services;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Ability to work quickly;
- Patient teaching skills;
- Demonstrated personal qualities, namely good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Ability to briefly describe the position sought and explain interest in this position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment