Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Extended Care
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Temporary Part Time (approximately 5 years)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 and 11.25 hour shifts
Rotation day, night, evenings and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care based on the patients' needs. The successful candidate will plan, deliver, and evaluate nursing care and collaborate in the delivery of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, and palliative care. They will also participate in teaching provided to patients. May be required to do ambulance transfers, if necessary.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Professionalism and demonstrated ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Patient teaching skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Sense of responsability;
- Ability to work quickly;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Demonstrate of the interest in pursuing its professional improvement;
- Following personal qualities: good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment