Physiotherapist 1 (PT01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Hôtel Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin
DEPARTMENT : Physiotherapy
CLASSIFICATION : Physiotherapist 1 (PT01)
STATUS : Permanent Full Time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the manager or designate, the physiotherapist will perform clinical work that includes assessments, clinical treatments, and consultations and meets professional standards. The work will include rehabilitation and the prevention of dysfunction and physical pain. The work will involve active participation in teamwork and target the needs of the hospital's inpatients and outpatients. The work will also involve participation in the planning and delivery of departmental activities and may include activities involving quality improvement, performance management, data collection, and the training and orientation of students or other health professionals. NB These are the primary duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the department. Depending on operational needs, the incumbent could occasionally be asked to work in another physiotherapy department of Vitalité Health Network, Zone 4 (Northwest).
- Member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of New Brunswick and eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association;
- Prepared to obtain Basic Life Support certification, depending on type of clientele served;
- Possessing or being interested in developing competency with a pediatric clientele would be an asset;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Planning, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative and creativity, and adaptation to change;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment