Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (undetermined)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation day and night
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
This is clinical and technical work, in one or more laboratory disciplines, providing laboratory services for the diagnosis, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of patients. In the course of the position's duties, the incumbent will be required to travel to the Grand Falls General Hospital and Edmundston Regional Hospital.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- Diploma from a recognized medical laboratory technology school or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Previous experience in a laboratory department is an asset;
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of and compliance with laboratory safety principles;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment