Food Services Worker A (2035)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Food and Nutrition Service
CLASSIFICATION : Food Services Worker A (2035)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation and weekends.
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
The Food Services Assistant A will perform a variety of duties related to distributing food to patients such as preparing the conveyor belt stations, assembling trays and cleaning the stations, preparing and distributing snacks, and distributing meal trays to the bedside. The successful candidate will also be responsible for apportioning and/or preparing certain foods for patient trays, working in the dishwashing area, and performing certain housekeeping tasks (specified on the housekeeping schedules). The successful candidate will be required to keep the workplace clean and safe at all times.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- Secondary school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma (GED) and related experience;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Resourcefulness and demonstrated initiative;
- Concern for clients;
- Briefly describe the position sought and explain interest in this position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment