Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Medical Science Professionals
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Lamèque Hospital and Community Health Centre
DEPARTMENT : Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Health Clinic
CLASSIFICATION : Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.4
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will provide teaching and also monitor patient diagnosed with pulmonary disorder. She/he will plan and coordinate activities related to the operation of the Respiratory Health Clinic for clients, both hospitalized and on an outpatient basis, diagnosed with pulmonary disorder.
- Successful completion of a recognized training course in Respiratory Therapy;
- National Educator Certification in asthma and COPD or in the process of obtaining it within two (2) years;
- Current CPR certificate;
- Registered with the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment