Youth Care Worker (3013)
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Provincial Center of Excellence for Youth
CLASSIFICATION : Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation - Possibiltiy of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Develop and implement therapeutic programs and use everyday events to facilitate learning and change in a therapeutic relationship. Apply theory and research on growth and human development to promote the optimal physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cognitive and emotional development of young people so that they have every chance of becoming adults who live a healthy and positive life. Emphasize the strengths and achievements of youth rather than pathologies. I ntervene with an approach that is sensitive to the trauma experienced as well as being informed by the theory of attachment that aims to meet the socio-emotional needs of young people.
The youth worker plays an indispensable role in the Provincial Center of Excellence for Youth. to Its role is to establish and maintain supportive relationships with youth who require treatment at a specialized facility because of their complex mental health problems. The interventions will promote the socio-emotional well-being of young people and promote changes that lead to improved emotional, social and behavioral components in everyday life.
- High school diploma or successful completion of GED;
- Human Services program/course of 1 year - Option Child/Adolescent Services or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Successfully complete the O.M.E.G.A. cours or a commitment to unertake such a course, or any other non-violent crisis intervention course;
- Successfully complete the Prevention and Management of Suicidal Behaviour in a Psychiatric Hospital Setting course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Good judgement and organisational skills;
- Demonstrate creativity in working with complex youth;
- Ability to utilize a variety of intervention techniques in new and innovative ways;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment