Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
STATUS : Temporary Full-Time (Approximately 14 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : May 1, 2017
HOURS OF WORK :
Variable - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
This position involves clinical and technical work within one or several branches of laboratory, which consists in providing services for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients.
- Graduate from a recognized medical laboratory technology school or bachelor of medical laboratory science;
- Current license with the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Work experience in a medical laboratory considered an asset;
- Analytical skills;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge and respect of Laboratory safety principles;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment