Senior Project Manager - Bridges
WSP in Kingston, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Bridges department, located at our Kingston office. Reporting to the Manager of Bridges, this position will manage a team of designers and draftspersons. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening our market share in the Kingston Region.
- Prepare designs and contract specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects;
- Manage financial performance for the Kingston Transportation group, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- Manage staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities in the Kingston Region including preparation of proposal and statement of qualifications;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Minimum of 15 years of Bridge Design and Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry including roles with management and business development responsibilities;
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience with all aspects of bridge design.
- Familiarity with MTO and or City of Kingston market conditions, public and private sector client base in and around the Kingston area an asset;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Why choose WSP?
- WSP is a Canadian company with national and international success - we are local to our markets but have an international reach with a network of 45000
- We change the world around us - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is part of the fabric of Canada;
- We provide excellent career opportunities - we're still growing and pushing ourselves every day to be better than we were yesterday. We do this for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians. We are open to new ideas and trying new things that will raise the bar;
- We have a collaborative culture and a forward-thinking growing workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing significant work. Come to find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- We are a leading company with vision, technical leadership and are an employee/people-centric place for the next generation to build and grow their careers;
Company: WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.