Senior Highway Engineer
WSP in Thunder Bay, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer to join our Transportation Team in Thunder Bay. Reporting to the Director of Transportation, this position will be responsible to manage projects and to mentor staff in the preliminary and detailed design of roadways, highways and freeways.
- Manage highway planning and design projects;
- Undertake preliminary and detailed road and highway designs;
- Prepare contract drawings and documents for tender and construction;
- Mentor staff in the performance of highway design services;
- Attend project meetings with clients, architects and consulting disciplines;
- Prepare proposals in response to requests from clients;
- Provide support during construction phase as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering;
- Hold an engineer's license from the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Minimum of 10+ years of Highway Design experience with MTO;
- Working knowledge of InRoads, Auto Cad and Microsoft Office software required;
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario MTO and TAC design procedures and standards;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
Company: WSP Canada Inc. #LI-NW1
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Thunder Bay, ON