Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking 10 Production Supervisors.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax, NS.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate work of employees on crew
- Assign work, set expectations and accountability for completion
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work is completed within budgeted parameters
- Assign and status jobs/coordinate operational schedule
- Adhere to labour contract and ensure compliance
- Communicate with other supervisors to help achieve and maintain smooth work flow and a high degree of productivity
- Foster an environment that is focused on safety and recommend process improvement initiatives
- Comply with all company procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years in shipbuilding supervisory experience, preferably in naval ship new construction.
- 2 - 3 years supervisory experience in a production environment
- 6 - 9 years applicable trade experience in an industrial, mechanical, manufacturing or shipbuilding environment
- Completion of some College / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.