Application Architect 1
The Application Architect 1 supports planning, developing and implementing architecture strategies supporting Atlantic Lottery’s business solution requirements. This role contributes to the development of Atlantic Lottery’s enterprise architecture program, aiding the adoption of EA standards, guidelines and principles. Works collaboratively with business units and Enterprise Architects to implement short term tactics and align to long term roadmap strategies. This role will research appropriate technology and industry solutions and support the Enterprise Architects vision. The Application Architect 1 role will lead short to medium term projects that are sized within the Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC) process as a small or medium size initiatives.
EA Development: Contributes to the development and executes Atlantic Lottery’s enterprise architecture framework (standards, principles and guidelines).
EA Assurance: Contributes to AL’s enterprise architecture governance by ensuring business and IT solution architectures align to Atlantic Lottery’s enterprise architecture. EA assurance involves reviewing and approving proposed architectures, documenting approved exceptions and proposing changes to established standards/principles where appropriate.
EA Planning: Contributes to the development of enterprise architecture strategies and roadmaps, contributing to business plans. Application Architect will support business requirements, technology lifecycle management and regulatory requirements. Also supports new business development by contributing to the development of concept papers, discussion papers and business cases.
EA Education/Communication: Communicates Atlantic Lottery’s enterprise architecture standards and guiding principles to Atlantic Lottery as well as its vendors and partners.
EA Research: Researches new technology and gaming industry products and solutions, in relation to business needs.
- Degree or equivalent, with business and/or Information Technology background. Broad-based business degree, with significant technology and system analytical background is an advantage.
- 4-6+ years of experience in the development, execution, deployment, and integration of information systems and technology.
- Experience in the lottery/gaming industry is a significant asset.
- Experience with leveraging with the modeling languages and tools, such as unified modeling language (UML) to model and analyze business requirements.
- Some knowledge and understanding of player-based product, sales and business development, and related social, political, technological and economic factors that impact the gaming business.
Work With Us
We are transforming the gaming industry through responsible, engaging and innovative products. We are looking for IT professionals to join us in this exciting mission. We deliver leading-edge technology solutions and solve complex business problems in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
Join us and be part of a company that cares about employees’ health, wellness and development. Working in a team environment, we offer a competitive salary, relevant training and flexible benefits. Feel proud about making our Atlantic region a better place – 100% of our profits stay in the area, supporting social programs and making this a better place to live.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.