Position DescriptionCUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (MOTIVATOR)
Who is a Customer Service Representative (Motivator)?
The Motivator role is critical to the success of our GoodLife Fitness Clubs. A Motivator is typically the first Associate a Member or Potential Member interacts with upon arrival to the Club. The Motivator is responsible for creating a welcoming, clean and safe environment to help Members achieve their fitness goals. The role involves being a front desk expert and is pivotal in assisting and supporting Members and Potential Members, to ensure their experience with us is always positive and engaging.
What will you be doing?
- Be Pleasant and Present with every greeting and interaction.
- Greet Members as they come into the Club and check them in for their workout.
- Greet Potential Members that have appointments or that come into the Club as walk-ins and direct them accordingly.
- Properly and efficiently handle incoming calls from Members and Potential Members. This includes answering the phone within three rings and taking messages or booking appointments.
- Assist Members on the floor with questions about the FitFix and Cardio machines.
- Possess in-depth knowledge regarding Memberships and all Club services and amenities and able to sell these products when opportunities arise.
- Assist Members through possessing an in-depth knowledge of all our systems to be able to efficiently answer Member questions, resolve Member issues or concerns, make updates to Member information, sell memberships, services, products and amenities, etc.
- Handle comments, suggestions and concerns in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide Fit-Fix Starter sessions for new and current Members.
- Complete Club runs and cleaning tasks as required to maintain cleanliness standards.
- Complete any other tasks required to provide an exceptional experience for Members and guests.
- Complete any required Learning and attend all monthly meetings.
Do you have what it takes?
- CPR-A & AED Certification
- Must be Smart Tan certified within 3 months of employment
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people 'up, down, sideways', inside and outside of the organization. Builds appropriate rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Team Contribution: Always helpful to the rest of the team/other teams. Among the first to volunteer to help others succeed. A model of sharing, caring, and cooperation.
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to, can be warm, pleasant and gracious. Spends the extra effort to put others at ease. Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others. Builds rapport well and is a good listener.
- Knowledge of the fitness industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service skills; ability to fully understand and embrace company culture
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Previous customer service and sales experience an asset
What's in it for you
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
- For a list of the endless company benefits please go to: https://jobs.goodlifefitness.com/page/show/benefits
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.