Who is a General Manager?
The General Manager is responsible for building a safe and inclusive Club culture to ensure the successful operation of their Club. You provide an exceptional Associate experience through coaching and mentorship, and in doing so you provide an exceptional Member experience, too.
What will you be doing?
- Manage all functions of the fitness facility
- Mentoring and coaching employees to help them achieve their personal and career goals
- Leading a team of employees to successfully serve new and current members to assist them in achieving their health and fitness goals
- Responsible for handling member concerns with professionalism and care
- Ensuring the health & safety of your club, including upholding GoodLife's commitment to the highest cleaning standards
- Working collaboratively with other teams in your club to build a positive group culture
- Act as an ambassador within your community, connecting with people of all backgrounds
Do you have what it takes?
- Passion for helping others, and a commitment to personal health and fitness
- Proven success in leading, training and motivating diverse teams
- Previous management experience in the fitness industry is an asset
- Must have an owner's mentality
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and receive feedback from others
- Experience with Operational budgeting and planning
- Ability to consistently live our Core Values of Caring, Happiness, Integrity, Peak Attitude, Passion, Personal Fitness and Trust
- Committed to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity, equity & inclusion and values giving back to communities
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.