The Laundry Attendant responsibilities include cleaning, washing, and folding linens and other textiles. Transportation will be designated from a pick up location in Saskatoon.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing and a fitness assessment, as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Sorting, washing, drying, washing, and folding linens and other textile items.
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- Changing out chemical
- Keeping an updated inventory of laundry chemicals and linens.
- Reporting maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensuring that the facility always remains clean.
- Ensure all supplies are stocked, stored and organized
- Clean the dryer lint screens after every cycle
- Loading and unloading laundry
- Stocking shelves and carts with linen
- Sorting dirty linens
- When required, stocking housekeeping storerooms with linens
- Operating washers and dryers
- Sweep and mop work areas
- Ensure health and safety regulations and quality standards are maintained
- Assisting in unloading, loading, and placing supplies
- Assisting with checking inventories and cleaning supplies
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- WHMIS Training will be provided
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Fluent and literate in the English language.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others
- You have a minimum 3 months' in the Industry, hotel hospitality environment or remote lodge setting
- You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to prioritize multiple demands and organize a work schedule
- You are able to obtain a mark of 80% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans' status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.