- Build optimized deep learning architectures for computer vision or natural language processing tasks
- Optimize DL models on various hardware
- Perform Neural Architecture Search(NAS) over various deep learning architectures
- Read academic papers and keep up-to-date with recent advances
- Design, implement and integrate models and algorithms
- Evaluate, analyze and drive insights from experiments
- Closely collaborate with researchers and provide solutions for engineers
- publish scientific papers
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
- Experience in applying deep learning models to computer vision or natural language processing tasks
- Experience in Deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, with creative thinking and attention to details
- Strong software development skills
- Experience in applying deep learning demonstrated through work experience, internships, or projects
- Hands-on experience and excellent knowledge with at least one deep learning architecture (Transformers, GNN, CNN, GAN, LSTM, VAE, ...)
- Publications in top tier conferences
- Experience in Bayesian Optimization, Reinforcement Learning, or evolutionary algorithms
This is a contract position
With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada's rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
"Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada's knowledge-based economy," "Openness and diversity are Canada's great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada's R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that."
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.