Hourly wage $17.00/hr
- You will be responsible for preparing our excellent meal offering for the residents of the long-term care facility and/or patients of the hospital
- Recipes are standardized due to patient nutritional needs
- General food preparation, cooking, serving as well as other duties as assigned
- Follow all Sodexo Programs: Food Safety, Health and Safety, policies and Recipes
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a similar role (high volume is an asset)
- Formal cook training and/or Red Seal is an asset
- Current Foodsafe Level 1 and 2 (within last 5 years)
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills; ability to perform simple calculations and read/follow instructions
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Interpersonal skills, ability to work together with other members of the team
- Adherence to food safety and health and safety standards
- Familiarity with dysphagia / texture modified foods an asset.
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
I understand that as a condition of my employment, I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying, I hereby certify that I have received two doses of government approved vaccines and that at least 14 days have past since the date of my last vaccination. I further understand that I will need to provide proof before starting work.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. As a provider of services in many client locations, including hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes, we require that all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed through over 50 years of experience. Sodexo's success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its more than 425,000 employees throughout the world.