Valard Construction is a premier powerline contractor, serving clients in both public & private sectors. We offer high quality construction services for transmission and distribution systems, as well as substations.
We are seeking qualified Distribution Journeyman Powerline Technicians for projects across South Carolina. This role requires a 60-hour work week, with Sundays off, and a rotating schedule of 4 weeks on the job in the US followed by one week off in Canada, with paid flights included. A $165 CAD daily per diem/living out allowance are provided to support the successful candidate.
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles.
- Install, maintain, and repair overhead and underground power lines and cables, insulators, conductors, lightning arrestors, switches, transformers, street lighting and other associated equipment
- Splice, solder and insulate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution and transmission networks
- Opens and closes switches and installs grounding devices to lines and equipment.
- Instruct, mentor and train junior personnel and Apprentices in duties, safe work practices, care and use of tools and equipment in a positive respectful manner
- All other related duties as assigned by the Foreman or Senior Valard Team member.
- Have knowledge and expertise in the areas of construction, maintenance, and repair of both distribution and transmission power systems, coupled with the ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Lineman Certificate (USA) / Journeyman Red Seal Powerline Technician (Canada)
- Minimum 3 years distribution experience
- Class 4 Rubber Glove experience an asset
- Confined Space Cert
- UWPC would be an asset
- Class 1 or 3 driver's license is considered an asset
- Working at Heights Cert
- Standard First Aid (CPR/AED) would be an asset
- Positive Attitude and good work ethic
- Must have clean criminal record
- Eligible for per diem
- Safety Incentive Program
- PPE allowance
- 401(k) matching/RRSP
- Health insurance
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Dental insurance
Valard Construction is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.