Reporting to a Senior Projects Controller or Project Controls Supervisor, the Junior Project Controller is responsible for the cost and scheduling functions throughout the project lifecycle. A Junior Project Controller is typically assigned a set of lower-risk projects and portfolio coordination tasks which they are responsible to maintain and report all cost and scheduling data for. The Junior Project Controller position will also directly support the Project Managers for their assigned projects to perform project critical functions by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review, audit, and correct incoming cost and schedule data for all assigned projects.
- Update assigned project cost and schedule data and validate the accuracy for reporting through internal software use and regular communication with project stakeholders.
- Provide consolidated internal and external financial reports in accordance with defined timelines.
- Monitoring project cashflow and generating invoices for submittal to clients.
- Review project contracts and ensure compliance for all cost and scheduling data.
- Perform assigned portfolio coordination task which will require regular maintenance and communication.
- Post-secondary education or diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management is preferred but not required.
- Accreditations such as from the PCI, PMI, or AACE (such as EVM, CCP, PMP, etc…) will be considered an asset.
- Experience as a project controller in a construction environment and more specifically with an EPC would be an asset but is not required unless no post-secondary or accreditations are completed.
- Experience in scheduling software (Microsoft Project is preferred) and construction management software (Hard Dollar and Viewpoint) would be an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite 365, specifically Word, Excel, and SharePoint is highly desired.
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off Benefits
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program - Counseling
- RPP - Group RRSP