Did you know that Servus Credit Union is Alberta's largest credit union and is ranked #1 in Canada on Forbes' World's Best Banks list for 2022? We're embarking on a journey toward a bold new future for Servus Credit Union and in order to be the best, we need the best people doing their best work. Gone are the days of status quo as we build out a workforce of passionate, innovative advisors who can take Servus to the next level - if this sounds like you, then we'd love to chat!
We are looking for a Senior Wealth Advisor in our Red Deer Branch.
Compensation: $76,589 base salary + Competitive commission plan
Relocation assistance and incentive may be considered
Closing Date: Oct 14th, 2022
Reporting to the Regional Manager Wealth Management, your primary goal is to provide superior, personalized, advice-based service to our high net-worth members. To ensure our members achieve their financial goals, you will provide the full financial planning experience, including discovery, analysis, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of financial plans. As an Senior Wealth Advisor, you will uncover the full financial needs of our members and refer them to partners within the fully integrated Servus Network. As a senior member of the wealth team, you'll take an active leadership role with your peers and play a vital role in the growth and success of our organization.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering the full financial planning experience by implementing the CFP's six steps of financial planning, including: discovery, gathering data, analysis, presentation of the financial plan, implementation, and ongoing monitoring to your target market ($250,000 + investable assets)
- Maintain up to date Financial Planning and investment industry knowledge by participating in training programs/industry courses to upgrade skills, obtain and maintain accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Build a financial planning practice with a member-centric focus, leveraging tools including all financial service considerations and build a network of Servus partners
- Monitoring and ensuring personal and corporate goals are met or exceeded, including growth of the book of business, revenue, asset gathering, retention of assets, sales/ renewals of solutions, insurance, member segmentation, and referrals to internal partners
- Ensure all corporate policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to including compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements to mitigate the risk of loss to the Credit Union and members.
- Establishing and implementing a sales plan that focuses on the retaining/attracting new members with high net worth ($250,000+), developing internal referral sources, centers of influence (COI's), improving profitability with existing members, developing business from existing members and retention of members.
- Identifying staff developmental opportunities and providing effective coaching and technical training; develop teamwork in the wealth and branch operations, fostering a working environment that is fun, positive and productive.
To qualify, you will need at least 5 years' experience within the wealth industry including securities and compliance. You will also need thorough knowledge of financial planning, products, policies, procedures and operations.
The following education/certificates are required:
- Financial Planning designation (CFP)
- Canadian Securities Course & CPH
- Conduct and Practices
- Life License
- IIROC license
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates who have a passion for the wealth industry and are effortless in building rapport with our members. If you are a passionate and driven person looking for long-term career growth, then we encourage you to apply!
Working for Servus has outstanding benefits. We offer our employees flexible and practical benefits in addition to competitive salaries and career building opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Immediate financial service benefits
- Group RSP programs available after 3 months
- 3-week vacation and vacation purchase program
- Flexible group benefit plan
- Flexible health and/or wellness spending account
- Employee/family assistance program
- Profit Share
Servus is building a culture where diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the center of why we work and how we work. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate in making an impact, apply now!
What happens next?
Thank you for applying with Servus Credit Union! If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting closes regarding next steps. Should you require an accommodation during the application and selection process, please contact us at [email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.