Status: Casual Vacancies: Up to 20
WHO IS REAL?
After taking a brief pause during the pandemic, it is with great optimism and excitement that Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) announces our activation of the REAL 2.0 plan for our future, within the exciting world of sport and entertainment.
We are moving forward at full speed with strategic objectives to: improve operational performance; develop new business and expansion; create an activated district, leveraging commercial development.
If you are revolutionary and courageous, exemplify teamwork and safety, accomplish the extraordinary, stewards of our legacy and above all else, always have fun … then you are REAL! And we want you on our team!
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
REAL finds itself in the enviable position of managing one of the most interesting and versatile connected spaces in North America with an opportunity to impact the lives of millions by creating life-long memories and delivering exceptional experiences.
Reporting to the Manager, Grounds and Conversions, this position will perform work both indoors and outdoors throughout all Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) grounds and facilities. The Labourer is responsible for performing general duties including, but not limited to: moving, setting-up and tearing down of equipment for various events, building event conversions, material maintenance and snow removal. This position supports the unit in an efficient and safe manner to meet conversions and event schedules. This position is a manual labour position that requires physically strenuous duties and is a very demanding job.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform various interior duties which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Install/removal, setting up, arranging and removing decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for the various scheduled events.
- Setting up of tables, chairs, staging, pipe and drape.
- Various asset repairs and maintenance i.e. tables, chairs, field cover, turf, etc.
- Various office equipment moves i.e. desks, cabinets, etc.
- Perform various exterior duties, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Removing snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas using snow blowers, snow shovels, and snow melting chemicals.
- Sweeping debris and shovel snow from streets and sidewalks.
- Setup various outdoor events including barricade/security fencing, field protection cover outdoors.
- Campus greenspace and landscaping maintenance.
- Observing additional maintenance needs requiring attention and reporting as required, organizing/recording all work detail (work performed, service recommendations, etc.).
- Responsible for equipment while on shift.
- Presenting services in a professional, respectful, and positive manner at all times when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We live our REAL Core Values: Be original, Be a host, Be inclusive, Be proud, Be resilient, Be smart, and Always own it.
If you bring a positive attitude to work every day and you prefer a hands-on/physically demanding job that varies throughout the day, then this may be the role for you! We are looking for individuals interested in casual work with REAL. Shifts will be a combination of days, nights, and weekends based on operational requirements and your own availability!
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Provincial driver's license.
- Experience in the operations of arena, commercial or industrial building maintenance.
- Ability to be safety conscious and willing to follow safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform the physically strenuous and demanding tasks to fulfill all working conditions and physical demands.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, follow instructions and work independently or with a team.
- Willingness and ability to maintain a respectable public image and conduct, interacting with customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Possession of a valid CPR & First Aid certification card is an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
- Note that this position is an in-scope position under the RWDSU Collective Agreement. Shift start & stop times may be adjusted during course of employment, based on operational requirements
We offer competitive wages and attractive benefits, along with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun industry. We also offer cross-training opportunities – please indicate if you are interested in maximizing your hours and have experience operating equipment in the application process! For more information visit our website at www.realdistrict.ca. Submit your resume today via the link provided.