Harris Rebar is the largest reinforcing steel contractor in North America. We are currently hiring fat our Abbotsford location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bend, cut, bundle, and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer's orders.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar's vision and values.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks
- Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be familiar with, and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
Harris Rebar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical and Dental Benefits and RRSP matching.