Ipex Management Inc., is a leading manufacturer in thermoplastic PVC plastic pipe systems. We design the largest, most recognized and diverse range of integrated piping products-Everything professionals need to handle the full spectrum of today's municipal, industrial, commercial and residential challenges!
We are looking for a Yard Worker to join our team, working out of our Distribution Centre located in Edmonton. We are seeking an energetic individual with a keen eye to detail and a positive demeanour! You will work alongside the DC team with a focus on safety, quality and continuous improvement. The primary purpose of this position is the picking, packaging & shipping of goods as per customer orders. Other duties are described below.Responsibilities
- Picking, packaging & loading orders with the use of an RF scanner
- General yard duties to also include sweeping, tidy aisles, snow removal, maintain yard organization and other 5S related tasks
- Assist in other areas as required. Rush orders to take priority
- Assist with daily movement of new production from plant yard to Distribution yard (as required)
- Follow all distribution practices and procedures to ensure safety, quality, and service objectives are met.
- Abide by Company rules & regulations.
- Where job functions normally required of the Yardman are not available, the employee will be required to function in other capacities as may be required by the management of the Company.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1-2 years previous experience in a warehouse/yard environment
- Prior knowledge of and experience with Radio Frequency scanners will be considered as an asset.
- Able to demonstrate safe use of hand tools
- Great teammate/self-motivated.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Must have a valid Alberta Driver's License
- Must be able to work in metric and imperial measurement
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Must be available to fill the position immediately.
- Eligibility for comprehensive health and dental benefits and RRSP- matching program after 3 months of service
- Annual bonus and incentive programs
- Continental shift
- A fun, exciting fast-paced environment within a growing company
IPEX is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact our HR department.