The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company was established in 1896, in the small village of Wawanesa Manitoba. The venture began small, but quickly picked up speed as more policies were written. By 1960, The Wawanesa Life Insurance Company was established, and operations expanded to various provinces across Canada. Today, we conduct business all across Canada, California, and Oregon, and offer an assortment of property, auto, commercial, and life products. Our combined assets total more than 7 billion, and our annual premiums exceed 2 billion.
As a policyholder owned company we offer great stability, lots of opportunity for growth, and most importantly a work environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. We provide our employees with fully competitive compensation packages that include competitive salaries, profit sharing plan, and extended health benefits. We are always looking for new talent, and are looking forward to hearing from you! The benefits package is comprehensive and far ranging, and includes:
- Insurance coverage for life, extended health (including out-of-country and vision care), dental, life protection, sick leave and long-term disability;
- Vacation policy in excess of provincial requirements;
- Employee Assistance Program (counseling);
- Education Assistance Program; (including courses offered by the Insurance Institute)
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
If you are interested in exploring career opportunities, you can visit our website at: www.wawanesa.com/CN/EN/about-careers.html