Hydro, a Crown corporation and a subsidiary of Nalcor Energy, is the primary generator of electricity in Newfoundland and Labrador. Committed to operational excellence, the company is dedicated to delivering safe, reliable, least-cost electricity to industrial, utility and 38,000 residential and commercial customers in over 200 communities. Our people share a set of core values: honesty & trust; open communication; accountability; safety; teamwork; respect & dignity and leadership. It’s how we do business.
We are focused on long-term strategic planning to ensure a continued reliable source of electricity. Our continuous infrastructure upgrades and use of new technology is one way we commit to providing excellent customer service.
- Open Communication – Fostering an environment where information moves freely in a timely manner.
- Accountability – Holding ourselves responsible for our actions and performance.
- Safety – Relentless commitment to protecting ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
- Honesty and Trust – Being sincere in everything we do and say.
- Teamwork – Sharing our ideas in an open and supportive manner to achieve excellence.
- Respect and Dignity – Appreciating the individuality of others by our words and actions.
- Leadership – Empowering individuals to help guide and inspire others.
Why Work for Hydro
Hydro prides itself on having a highly skilled and motivated team of employees who are strongly committed to our success and our future direction. To meet the growing provincial need for electricity, Hydro relies on the skills and talents of our employees. We are committed to being a progressive organization by encouraging our employees’ individual and professional development.
Choosing a career with Hydro means an exciting future filled with possibilities. We are looking for people to join our team- people who have a passion of excellence, who want to make a difference and share our values. The benefits of working for us include:
- Training and Development opportunities
- Team atmosphere
- Environmentally conscious
- Live and work in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Strong commitment to safety
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Work-life balance
- Career advancement opportunities
To learn more about Nalcor Energy and Hydro - a subsidiary of Nalcor, please click here to visit Explore Nalcor, the companies pre-hire learning centre.
|Career Title||Location||Date Posted||Region|
|Electrical Maintenance "B" (4-months Temporary)||Bishop's Falls||February 23, 2017|
|Technologist – Network Services (2 Year Term)||St. John's||February 16, 2017|
|Technologist – Network Services (2 Year Term)||Happy Valley||February 16, 2017|
click here to view opportunities at Nalcor