Leading Engineering firms and Manufacturers across Canada rely on Halliwell Consulting to provide them with the people they need to drive their businesses forward.
They know that these high calibre, talented people are in demand, and by having Halliwell Consulting as a recruitment partner they can win the talent war over their competitors.
Our Client is currently looking for an Instrumentation Technologist to join their team at their facility in Prince George.
Your duties will include:
• Specify, size and select measurement and control devices (control & relief valves, transmitters, flow meters, gauges, shutdown valves, etc.) and manual valves for pulp and paper processing equipment.
• Develop and have input into process & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s)
• Provide budgetary as well as firm pricing on instrumentation systems and manual valves.
• Work with employees in other departments to ensure that projects run on budget and schedule and to provide solutions to fix problems
• Technically evaluate new instruments to see if they can be used on Natco’s process equipment.
• Help field service technicians troubleshoot existing equipment in the field.
• Oversee and mentor junior staff members and engineering interns.
• Actively supports, participates in, and maintains the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility’s safety program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
Knowledge of instrumentation, valves, material selection, and oil and gas processes.
Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and recommended practices in Canada.
Minimum 5 years experience in the pulp and paper industry.
Time management skills.
CET certification preferred.
Interested applicats should email their current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter, @halliwelljobs