Competition # NB13031
Sackville Administrative Area
The New Brunswick Department of Health has established a separate company, Ambulance New Brunswick (ANB), to provide land and air ambulance services to the residents of New Brunswick. ANB has contracted with New Brunswick EMS Inc. (NB EMS) to ensure the delivery of these services under a long-term contract.
Are you looking for challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work? The career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at NB EMS.
Located in Sackville, the incumbent will be responsible to manage staff and systems to meet the performance requirements of the ambulance service for the administrative area of Sackville, Shediac, Cap-Pele and Port Elgin. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will assist with the Company Corporate Strategic Goals, build staff capabilities, and implement changes to improve service levels. The overall general role of this position is to direct and provide oversight for the workforce in a positive manner.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following;
- sharing in the responsibility of on call coverage to all of the East Region;
- ensuring that customer/patient service is a priority;
- successfully developing a customer/patient issue resolution process;
- managing the administrative area and dealing with employee and labour issues;
- overseeing and participating in the recruitment and selection process for site paramedic staff;
- demonstrating superior conflict resolution skills: balance assertiveness and sensitivity and successfully mediate conflicts;
- working with and developing effective teams;
- promoting awareness and compliance of company policies and procedures;
- providing back-up to working on the ambulances in emergencies.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- have completed an approved paramedic training program and are currently registered as a paramedic in the province of New Brunswick (or equivalent);
- possess a minimum of five years experience working as a paramedic with a minimum of three years in a progressively responsible leadership role;
- have proven experience in EMS management, information technology, finance, and human resources;
- possess a valid Class 4 driver’s licence in New Brunswick (or equivalent);
- have the ability to exercise independent judgment and can problem solve with discretion;
- are committed to providing stellar levels of customer/patient service and have a passion for business growth within NB EMS;
- possess and demonstrate leadership abilities with a proven track record for inspiring and motivating others;
- are skilled in leading and developing staff;
- use a positive and creative approach to problem solving;
- possess outstanding communication, negotiating, and dispute resolution skills;
- have working knowledge of standard business computer programs (ie. Microsoft Office Suite).
Bilingualism (Oral) is a requirement for this position.
A post-secondary education in business administration would be considered an asset. Regular business hours required, but some irregular hours can be expected. Travel required throughout the province.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the New Brunswick EMS website at www.smunbems.ca.
Competition closes September 16, 2014.
You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon successful receipt of your application. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
New Brunswick EMS is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about this Employer