Drew Nursing Home has an immediate opening for a Director of Care Services. Since 1954, Drew Nursing home has grown from 14 residents to over 80 private and semi-private rooms. We take pride in providing our residents, and their families, with the supportive, caring and home-like environment vital to their well being. Our priority is the quality of life of our residents and tenants.
Director of Care Services
The well being of the residents begins with the quality of the services and the personal interactions between the residents and the Drew Nursing Home employees. Your understanding of the operations involved in a nursing home will allow you to lead, coach and guide your staff in providing high quality care services. Your organisational skills and attention to details will help you develop a reasonable budget and to manage the operations effectively within that budget.
Your ability to connect with people will allow you to quickly built strong relationships with your team and your inspiring management style will help you prevent and solve conflicts. Human resources and labour relations management in a unionized environment is something you have experienced and you have a genuine interest in finding constructive solutions to for the benefit of the employees, the residents and the organisation as a whole.
You understand that the quality of the care services is only as good as the quality of the people providing the services. Therefore, your involvement in recruiting the right people for the right position will be part of your role. You will also work with your team to ensure they keep their skills, aptitudes and knowledge current by working with them in identifying training and development activities relevant to their role and needs.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and a four (4) year’s experience in health care management, preferably in the long-term care field or and equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Registered member of the New Brunswick Nurses Association;
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience and training in human resources and labour relations, including collective agreement administration and performance management;
- Recognized courses in administration is an asset;
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and ability to learn and adapt to new programs and technological changes.
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the New Brunswick Nursing Home Management salary scale.
Please send your cover letter and chronological resume by email to Maxime Labbé at:
Montana Consulting Group