School of Health and Human Services
Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy Assistant Program
(Part-Time Continuing, Position 60%)
(Commencing approximately September 29, 2014 )
Cumberland Campus, Springhill NS
Competition No. 2014-273
Nova Scotia Community College is committed to working individually and collectively with its employees to achieve our mission – Building Nova Scotia’s Economy and Quality of Life through Education and Innovation. By building on employee strengths and promoting employee growth we will achieve our vision of transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time.
NSCC is committed to its values of diversity and inclusion. We provide an environment that welcomes and embraces individuals from diverse communities. We take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to aboriginal persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities, women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
Our Opportunity: As part of the School of Health and Human Services faculty team, you will provide instruction in the theoretical and practical components of the Occupational Therapy Physiotherapy Assistant program. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of curriculum, follow the guidelines as set in the accreditation standards for the program as well as the evaluation of learner performance in coursework and in lab skills and outcomes. You will facilitate students’ learning by providing clinical instruction and clinical placement supervision and may contribute to the coordination of student placement assignments in conjunction with program faculty. You will facilitate learners specifically in Physiotherapy specific outcomes for the program in the Occupational Therapy Assistant-Physiotherapy Assistant Program for approximately 3 days per week.
• You have a Physiotherapy degree from a recognized school of Physiotherapy, combined with a minimum of five years relevant and recent occupational experience in Physiotherapy.
• You are currently a member in good standing of the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists.
• You are committed to collaborative methods of client care and education with the entire team, including the client, family and community. You are comfortable with clinical placement visitation and supervision.
• You are familiar with the concepts of portfolio education.
• You are innovative and committed to life-long learning and community involvement.
• Your desire and enthusiasm to teach students with diverse backgrounds and knowledge, along with your superb presentation, interpersonal and team building skills make you an ideal candidate. As a creative self-starter, you have been recognized for your high energy and your commitment to excellence.
Starting Salary range is $57,509 to $77,931 annually
Application deadline is September 25, 2014 at midnight.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner.
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide recent, relevant references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
To apply for College jobs, simply click on the Apply Now Online button. To serve you better, NSCC has implemented a new, user-friendly on-line application in partnership with Career Beacon. First time users will complete a basic registration and receive a username and password via email (NOTE: email may appear in "Junk Mail" folder depending upon your mail management configuration). You will then have the option of uploading your existing resume(s) and cover letter(s) in seconds or creating them on-the-spot in the "editor". For more information on the College, please visit our website at www.nscc.ca.
Learn more about this Employer