Specializing in heavy civil infrastructure construction, mining applications and energy development, H.J. O'Connell Ltd., and LECQ are leading suppliers to Canada's resource industries.
For over 80 years O’Connell has been safely providing quality heavy civil services to Canada’s resource based industries. Gaining a reputation of being both a contractor and employer of choice, we provide a challenging, stable, positive and rewarding work environment.
The company prides itself on having a highly technical and sophisticated workforce with a reputation for safely completing projects on time, on budget and with excellent quality results.
The Role and Responsibilities
The CAD Technician provides support to the engineering department by producing drawings, maps, diagrams and profiles in accordance to project specifications.
The following is a list of responsibilities associated with the role:
- Supportive of HJO business objectives including Health, Safety and Environment and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering data received to produce quantity calculations and reports.
- Draw maps, diagrams and profiles using cross-sections and surveys to represent elevations, topographical contours, sub-surface formations and structures.
- Drafting plans and detailed drawings for earthwork structures, installations and construction projects.
- Completing and duplicating drawings and documentation packages, according to required specifications for reproduction.
- Compiling as-built drawings from data received and updating related quantities as required.
- Assisting with the overall Tender/Proposal package preparation, including summarizing of related quantities from design drawings, produce conceptual drawings and assist with project schedule development and obtaining quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Other initiatives and tasks as required.
Qualifications / Skills and Abilities
- Strong Safety values.
- Experience working with AutoCAD and Civil 3D in a heavy civil construction environment.
- Post secondary education in Engineering/Engineering Technology.
- Thorough understanding of construction drawings, specifications and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of technical plans, drawings, digital terrain models, field layout drawings and sketches.
- Ability to interface various survey instruments with Civil 3D is required.
- Strong organization, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling would be an asset.
- Experience working on large Infrastructure Projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of basic/functional surveying techniques would be an asset.
- Teamwork (this position must work effectively with several functional groups including Health and Safety, and Quality).
- Strong people, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Results driven.
- Strong computer skills.
- Hands on, highly involved.
- Customer focused, relationship builder.
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
Working on remote project sites is required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Learn more about this Employer