Green Bay Community Health Centre
Definition of Work:
This is a highly professional nursing position responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, evaluation and follow-up of clients of in the Green Bay Health Service District and the residents of the Green Bay Community Health Centre. The Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively with the Senior Medical Officer as well as other staff physicians. Reporting directly to the manager of Client Care Services, the Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive and holistic nursing care to clients including health promotion; injury and illness treatment and prevention; supportive, curative and rehabilitative care. This position will focus on chronic disease and self-management, and work collaboratively with the members of the Primary Health Care Team. The successful candidate must possess knowledge of the pillars of Primary Health Care and the service delivery model. Extensive knowledge and experience with women’s health initiatives is a requirement. In addition, experience with respect to Wound Care Best Practices and knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions Services would be an asset. This Nurse Practitioner position must be willing to work flex hours as needed and provide nursing support to the Emergency Department as well as LTC. The successful incumbent must also have knowledge of the new Model of Nursing and be willing to support staff with the implementation of the model. The incumbent will participate in and assist with the growth of Telehealth Services in the health services area. As an advanced practitioner, the Nurse Practitioner functions in the roles of practitioner, educator and leader. The incumbent will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements.
- To qualify, applicants should have demonstrated leadership, communication and organizational skills and be able to practice both independently and in collaboration with the other members of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Applicants are required to be a Registered Nurse with advanced educational practice within a Primary Health Care model; coupled with current experience as a Nurse Practitioner and experience in Acute Care emergency settings
- All applicants must possess a current Nurse Practitioner License and registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Successful completion of ACLS, PALS, TNCC and NRP will be considered an asset
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly (Shift Work Required)
Salary: NS - 32 (in accordance with the applicable NLNU Collective Agreements)
Competition No.: P-2014R10600-GBH-CB
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Interested applicants for the above-noted position are asked to forward their resumes, citing the competition number and three references to:
***Please be advised that start dates may be delayed***
21 Carmelite Road, Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
Fax: (709) 292-2485
To apply electronically, submit an application by clicking on the Apply Online Now button.
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer. A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority is required. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about this Employer