Outside Sales Representative
Heavy Duty Truck Parts
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy duty truck and trailer parts, operating 15 sales outlets and 4 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for an Outside Sales Representative in the Grand Falls-Windsor area.
You will represent the Parts for Trucks full line of quality brand-name truck and trailer parts to customers and prospects across all areas of the trucking industry, including fleets, repair garages, government garages, and tire shops.
- Call on current and potential customers. Provide information on new products, supplier features, and promotions for a vast range of heavy duty truck parts.
- Work closely with branch staff to identify and source parts according to customer needs. Deliver customer orders while making sales calls, and retrieve cores for return to branch.
- Develop sales objectives and maintain customer profile book. Be familiar with company procedures, and facilitate customer requests for new accounts, returns, warranties, etc.
- Develop product knowledge through in-house, supplier and on-line training, attending trade shows and sales meetings, and reviewing trade publications.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three to four years of relevant experience relating to heavy duty truck parts, or in a comparable industry (e.g., automotive, industrial, mechanical).
- Knowledge of heavy duty truck parts desired, along with mechanical know-how and a knack for working with the customer to identify specific needs.
- Able to perform moderate to heavy lifting to load/unload company vehicle.
- A self-starter with strong sales skills, who will develop and maintain customer relationships at the ground level.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail).
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation plan, including base salary plus commission, group benefits and a registered pension plan. If you have a positive team-work attitude and are interested in joining us, apply in writing with a resume and covering letter to:
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
Attention: HR Manager
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.