Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our Paradise, NL location is ISO 9001 certified and a leading provider of inspection and quality services to the offshore oil and gas industry and natural resource sectors. We are seeing continued growth in our operations and are working on projects with major operators such as Exxon Mobil, Husky, Suncor Energy, among others.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will effectively manage condition monitoring systems including collection and monitoring of machinery, health monitoring data, lube oil sampling, noise and vibration analysis.
- Selection and specification of condition monitoring systems
- Configuration of condition monitoring systems
- Data collection and monitoring of Mechanical & Electrical equipment (gas turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, multistage pumps, large electric motors and generators)
- Data analysis of steady state & transient vibration data in the frequency and time domains
- Development of procedures, work methods and other documentation
- Maintain in-house and client databases
- Assist in development of planning and scheduling activities
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Be certified to ISO 18436-8:2013 Level 2
- Have engineering degree (eligible for registration in PEGNL), 10 years or more of industrial experience (i.e. preferably oil & gas, but pulp and paper or power generation will be considered)
- Have detailed knowledge of Bently Nevada hardware (i.e. proximity probes) and use of System One to monitor machine condition and troubleshooting
- Have the ability to perform single plane and 2 plane balancing of rigid and flexible rotors
- Travel offshore
Employees of SNC-Lavalin are entitled to our highly competitive Employee Benefits Program, which includes Group Insurance, Academic Assistance, and matching RRSP and Share Ownership Plans.
Reply in confidence by clicking here.
Inquiries should be addressed to: Wendy Pilling, HR Coordinator (email@example.com)
We thank all applicants for their interest;
however only those selected for an interview will be contacted