Our client, a large and progressive independent local firm offering a full range of professional accounting services, is currently seeking a talented Senior Staff Accountant to join their dynamic team in St. John’s, Newfoundland on a full-time permanent basis. The ideal candidate is an exemplary client-facing professional with an ability to succeed in a deadline-based and highly confidential work environment.
• Develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with a diverse client base
• Utilize understanding of complex accounting principles to identify issues and potential solutions for each client
• Audit and review engagement files
• Prepare corporate and trust income tax returns
• Canadian personal income tax preparation
• Work within time budgets, monitor progress, and meet deadlines
• Provide support to various other client service engagements
• Engage in effective multi-level communication with clients and government agencies along with partners and staff to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and firm productivity
• Other duties as assigned
• Completion of a CA, CMA, or CGA designation with 1-3 years of experience (public accounting experience considered a strong asset)
• Strong ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment. The successful candidate will be working with a group of very experienced accounting, auditing, and tax team members.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a key ability to show initiative and a desire to be challenged constantly
• Demonstrate superior work ethic, along with having a strong focus for the growth of the business
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop long lasting client relationships
• Accustomed and comfortable with working within strict government driven deadlines without exception
Our client offers a challenging, dynamic, and progressive environment with a very competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits plan, employer matched pension contribution, employer-paid membership fees, and opportunities for advancement into management roles. Our client is fully committed to work-life balance – they offer company paid wellness plans and, when compared to other public accounting firms in Newfoundland, require among the lowest overtime requirements of their staff.
If interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply in confidence to:
Mark LeMoine| firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
Learn more about this Employer