Millwright – Industrial Mechanic
Surrette Battery Company Limited is one of North America’s leading lead-acid battery manufacturers. Established in 1935, with a production facility in Salem, Massachusetts, Surrette relocated to Canada in 1959 and is the Nation’s only remaining independent battery manufacturer.
At our ISO registered production facilities in Springhill, Nova Scotia, we manufacture a full range of Rolls batteries for railroad, marine, motive power and renewable energy applications.
Our success has been the result of several factors - a dedicated workforce, continual process advances, a companywide commitment to satisfying customer needs, and a full range of batteries for every application. That’s why those who can’t go without power know they can’t afford to trust anyone else.
Why Surrette Battery Co. Ltd?
With complete distribution throughout the Americas, Europe, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and customers around the World, our batteries are considered the best and toughest for the specific markets we serve. We are dedicated to innovation by doing Research and Development to ensure we will stay competitive in those markets while expanding our sales. Creating new types of battery technologies would require plant expansions and therefore create more jobs in the province of Nova Scotia.
Surrette Battery Co. Ltd is highly productive, using state-of-the-art robotic work stations to manufacture its batteries, while focusing on process improvement, lean manufacturing and 5S. We have been increasing our sales year after year and with extremely good forecast knowledge regarding battery sales worldwide; our company is there to stay in business for decades.
Last, but not least, Surrette Battery Co. Ltd has been engaged for more than a decade in environmentally sustainable practices, by installing solar panel backup power systems for its office space, developing a partnership with one of its lead alloy supplier to recycle batteries and production scrap, and making Renewable Energy batteries, used worldwide in residential, commercial and industrial applications to save electrical demand, and ultimately the planet. We also use Springhill’s groundwater from the flooded mines to provide geothermal heat/air conditioning to our production areas and to assist in cooling of our production equipment.
Job opportunity as Industrial Mechanic - Millwright
- Able to use all equipment and machinery, and understand and read all schematics and drawings, related to the trade requirements
- Troubleshoot, rebuild, repair and improve all active and new machinery and equipment without supervision
- Committed to continuous improvement on machinery, equipment and processes, via preventative maintenance on production and production supporting equipment
- Has an exemplary attitude towards housekeeping, safety and company policies
Skills & Requirements:
- Possess Certificate of Qualification from a recognized secondary education program as an Industrial Mechanic and/or Millwright. Consideration will be given to a 3rd or 4th year Apprentice
- Experience with industrial automation, robotic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Strong trouble shooting skills with a commitment to deadlines and the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a cooperative environment
- Ability to work overtime, when required
The salary for the position will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate. If you are a career driven individual that wants to be part of a growing manufacturing operation, please follow the link to apply for this position: www.surrettebatteryjobs.ca