Position: RN – Casual
Gables Lodge is looking for RNs.
Reports to: Director of Care
Description: The registered nurse functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team under the direction of the Director of Care. Through the nursing process and therapeutic relationships the nurse participates in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of quality resident care. The Registered Nurse supervises, coordinates and guides staff in the provision of resident care and provides assistance as necessary. The RN assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of Senior Management.
- Participates in the implementation of organization and unit goals.
- Understands and implements the Philosophy of Nursing and Standards of Nursing Practice. Provides for quality resident care by assessment and assisting residents with their activities of daily living.
- Demonstrates and promotes effective communication within the department, GEM Health Care Group and with external stakeholders and agencies.
- Maintains a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
- Functions as a team member, and team leader to provide for quality resident care.
- Current registration with The College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia, Bachelor of Nursing is an asset. Standard First Aid, CPR and Phlebotomy required.
- Experience in a geriatric setting a definite asset.
- Experience in Paperless charting software required.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume, quoting competition number RN1120-CB.
Director Health Care Services
Learn more about this Employer