Competition # 2014000894
Prime Location St. John’s (Regional)
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work: 70 hrs./biweekly
Salary: HL-30 ($83,235-$108,206 per annum), Benefits, Market Differential
Eastern Health is looking for a seasoned leader who can establish the vision and strategic direction of our regional Pharmacy Services. If this is you, then as part of Eastern Health’s Senior Management Team you will be responsible for the administration, direction, planning, budgeting operation, and evaluation of comprehensive and standardized pharmaceutical services that span across acute, long-term, and community healthcare services. You will participate in many system-wide regional initiatives, provincial projects and committees representing Eastern Health and bring input from a systems perspective, acting as a change agent in a dynamic organization, establishing collaborative relationships and effectively communicating with staff, community agencies, government, supply industry, and consumer advocacy groups will be key determinants of your success. As the leader of a group of managers and professional staff you must create and sustain a workplace environment that fosters respect and trust, fosters innovation and quality, and promotes meaningful participation, learning and growth.
- A Baccalaureate degree in Pharmacy and a graduate degree in management / business or health-related discipline. A Pharmacy Residency or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree would be an asset.
- Minimum five years of progressive management experience in pharmaceutical healthcare services.
- Minimum five years of relevant and current experience in managing people and processes as well as in leading effective strategic change management initiatives.
- Considerable experience in program planning and evaluation, managing projects of a complex nature, leading quality initiatives and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Extensive clinical knowledge of health care systems within acute care.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership style focused on engaging others, developing coalitions and achieving results.
- Ability to resolve conflict and provide expert negotiation skills with all stakeholders, senior leaders, physicians, staff and external agencies.
- Ability to successfully lead, support and empower members of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a high pressure, diverse and changing environment.
- Extensive knowledge related to the best practices pharmaceutical supply chain, clinical therapeutics, technology, and informatics management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and utilize funds allocated in accordance with prescribed policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of patient safety parameters and error reduction models.
- Knowledge of project management systems and practices.
- Active or eligibility for licensure with the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board.
- Copies of education documentation as required by the position.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check from the RCMP or local Police.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.easternhealth.ca/careers. An application or resume and cover letter must be completed or uploaded to the online job portal and must state the applicable competition number.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the required qualifications as stated in this job posting.
Applications must be received by 12:00 am NST on Friday, March 7, 2014 and must contain your current mailing address, contact number and email address, if applicable.
For inquiries only concerning this or other employment opportunities with Eastern Health, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (709) 777-7777 Ext. 1-2, or if you wish to mail us your inquiries write Human Resources Client Services – Recruitment, Eastern Health Administrative Office, Waterford Bridge Road, St. John's, NL, A1E 4J8.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and we thank you for your
interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about this Employer