World Class GBS Execution
To support the Hebron GBS project, Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors is seeking resumes from qualified individuals to join our GBS team based at Bull Arm site, NL.
Concrete Work Preparation Lead– # 20665
Reporting to the Concrete Discipline Lead, the Concrete Work Preparation Lead will provide support during the engineering and construction of the Hebron Gravity Based Structure (GBS).
- Create procedures and work packages in consultation with discipline leads and supervisors, quality, engineering and client
- Ensure procedures and work packages are reflecting project specifications and applicable codes and current revisions are being implemented
- Create and issue follow up reports regarding quality, quantities, timeframes and SSHE.
- Follow up on drawings and make necessary corrective actions
- Follow up on production progress in the field to monitor quality
- Assist mix-design team during slip form operations
- Responsible for internal control between the disciplines to ensure work is performed without interruptions
- Ensure that tasks are completed based on the latest revision of drawings and documents.
- Prepare internal control plans to ensure functionality of the department
- Ensure training modules and training sessions are held with supervision and craft prior to start of new activities and as required for improvement during process
- Diploma in relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of related work experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience within heavy civil construction
- Experience from GBS and Oil & Gas projects
- Experience with safety, budget, planning, etc.
- Excellent technical, planning, organization and communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within teams
KKC supports the hiring of qualified local Newfoundland and Labrador residents. We are equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
The salary band ranges from $45.00 to $75.00 per hour depending on level of experience. This is a project based position. KKC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
To apply online for this or any position, please visit www.kkc-gbs.com/recruiting
Application deadline: March 8, 2014.
While KKC appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.