A leading heavy civil contractor in Newfoundland and Labrador has an immediate opening for a Payroll/Accounting Clerk.
This post reports to the Controller but is also guided in duties by the Accounts Manager.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Running and analyzing weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for various job sites and companies
- Adhering to payroll/benefit processes to ensure proper administration of these function
- Set up, change, and termination of employees from both the payroll system and benefits provider’s system with completion of Records of Employments
- Respond to all payroll and benefits request
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Fast, accurate data entry
- Capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload
- Above average knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good analytical skills
- Strong accounting knowledge
- People oriented: enjoy dealing with people on a daily basis and assisting to solve their problems
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
- Confident, motivated, and flexible with a strong work ethic
- CONFIDENTIALITY A MUST
We offer our employees a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, and above market group health benefits, as well as a commitment to career development.
Qualified candidates are asked to please submit your resume via e-mail, indicating Payroll/Accounting Clerk in the subject line by clicking on the Apply Online Now button.